Saturday 11 August 2012

William's Bedroom

My friend Anya (from Cambridge and who now lives in Sweden) is a potter/designer and has proposed to make me a little box for William's hair. How thoughtful - this will be perfect to keep his little lock safe.  I've asked her for it to be pale blue with a red star on the lid. William's bedroom has lots of stars in it, lots in red - the colour theme (naturally for a little boy) is pale blue with red and taupe accents.  Here's a photo of his room now, with his pirate ship tent taken down and some of his toys put away (slowly does it):



He has red and blue stars and circles on his curtains (added by me) and red stars for his cupboard door handles. Even his duvet cover has little red stars on it. Poignantly, it says (in French) on his duvet 'When the cat miaows outside, my little angel sleeps'.

I thought it would be nice to add a photo of his lovely, light and fun bedroom on here as a reminder for when the time finally feels right to pack his little things up and move on another sad step.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you sewed the stars on the curtains, with such love and pride. You are a beautiful mum, Nicole. Rx

    ReplyDelete