Saturday 11 August 2012

Visiting William

I've come to the cemetery this afternoon, despite the boiling heat, because Izzy has gone off on a play date and she's not ready to come here yet, so I am free to come and have a chat with my boy.

I passed Thursday evening, running up from the car park calling out that I was coming and that I was nearly there, only to find the gates locked. I just burst into tears. Then I tried to climb them, but couldn't. I guess that's what the gates are there for.

So I am here now. Telling William how much I miss him and love him. It's such a beautiful, serene place. His views left, right and in front are wonderful. Rolling hills to the left, trees and vineyards for miles to the right; and directly in front, a row of trees (some type of fir? Not an expert on trees after oaks and pines) with two rows of gravestones and then another row of trees, followed by the same again. The trees give ample shade and an air of serenity and peacefulness, broken only by the burr of the cigales (crickets/cicada things).

I think I've attached a couple of photos - I'm blogging on the mobile for the first time.

Back to my book. There's a nice cool breeze, I have a step to sit on and I'm in the shade so thought I'd stay a while. And why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment