Thursday 25 October 2012

A Glimpse Into Izzy's Head

Last night when we had our bedtime chat after reading, both of us lying down on her bed, I told Izzy I had something important and a bit sad to tell her. I asked if she could guess what it was. She replied, "You're never going to have another baby, Mummy?" 
I answered, "Well, that's part of it, yes. But the main thing is that Olivier and I are going to divorce."
"Does that mean you and Olivier will never get married again?" (I think she means live as a married couple)
"Well it means that we are still married right now but at some point in the future we won't be any more."
"So he won't come and stay at the house any more?"
"No. Are you sad about that?"
No reply.
"How do you feel about that?"
Quietly, "OK."
"Mummy is going to concentrate on you now, Izzy. What would you rather have, loads of time concentrating on you with you and I doing loads of really fun things and spending heaps of time together or to have a new baby brother or sister who takes up Mummy's time again so there is less for you?"
"A baby brother or sister."

Heartbreaking.



1 comment:

  1. awwww honey....but truly she's looking at the opportunity as a play thing...a toy ....she'll make SO many close friends in the future...you and her will bond so well...she's beyond her years from some of the things you recount xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete